Sunday, August 27, 2023

How to interpret a chart; the processes of delinations

 

"How do you interpret a chart?"

I don't know there's a definitive answer. Everyone has his/her own style. Some say to look at the ascendant first and planets nearby/conjunct; others say to look at houses (depending on what system/style is used); then there are those who look at other patterns: amounts of elements, rulerships, hemispheres, and signages with planetary match-ups.

I do all of that. At once. I can't say my way is better, but it's how my mind works. Sometimes the planets in signs appear to me like a chessboard configuration--and then they (the planets) figuratively rise up as though they're in 3D and not a flat 2D image. And they start to yell at me: "HEY! Look HERE! LOOK at my placement! Look whom I'm in aspect with and how it's making me react!" I also look at declinations (which is ALSO mentioned on this web page). And I consider the aspects, elements, and the houses--several times over. 

(I DO see patterns, and I mentally connect with the symbolism of the glyphs. You do the same thing with the letters of the alphabet. Letters in language (or symbols) are the same to me as glyphs. I mentally connect with the mythic-psychological-archetypical representations of the glyphs. Why? I'm ADD with a learning disorder, but I'm also a Fluid Learner. You'll have to look that up on my education web site here.)

And so much of this happens in a rush of information. Remember, I'm a Virgo ASC--and Mercury in Aries. I think at two levels: either nanosecond speed or delayed comprehension. High-functioning Virgo; Vulcan Rising. (You can look that up on this site as well. Just scroll down to 'V' and you'll see it alphabetized.)

I let the chart talk to me; I use my Intuition as well as my Cognition. 

So I would say to anyone: find your own method. Nurture it. Let it work within you. Let it work externally; learn how to share what you see and what you feel. And express what you know and then learn more.

And have fun. And apply it with care, wisdom, and sincerity. Help others, and in turn, help yourself learn about who and why they are and the same for yourself.

No comments: